Support4Sport – Individual Official Initiative
Applicants are encouraged to read the eligibility information noted here and ensure they meet the criteria before beginning an application. If eligible, please review and complete an application and all requested supplementary information by the 15th of each month.
The Support4Sport Allocation Committee reviews the applications at the end of each month. The deadline for submitting applications will be strictly adhered to. All applicants can confirm receipt of the application through the URL provided. All applicants will be notified by email within five business days of the allocation committee's decision(s).
Am I Eligible?
In order to be considered OFFICIALS must:
- be in good standing with the Provincial Sport Organization (PSO);
- have their application endorsed by their Provincial Sport Organization;
- be requesting funding for certification or training initiative that can assist Nova Scotia sport system at all levels; and
- have a minimum of a Level ll certification
Can I apply multiple times within the same year?
Yes. Applicants who have been approved for funding once within the fiscal year (April 1 - March 31st) may apply again, however their application will not be reviewed until the end of the fiscal year in March to give priority to first time applicants. Second time approvals will be subject to eligibility criteria and available funds.
How Do I Apply?
- Identify if you are applying for certification opportunity or an initiative
- Complete all of the questions asked in the application
- Acquire the endorsements of your Provincial Sport Organization
- Attach all of the references and supplementary information requested
- Submit complete applications before the monthly deadline
How Do I Get An Application?
Application forms can be accessed using the link on the side of this page. For paper copies and email versions of the application forms contact Lainie Smith, Sport Nova Scotia, 5516 Spring Garden Road, 4th Fl., Halifax, NS, B3J 1G6; tel. 902-425-5450 ext. 372; fax. 902-425-5606; email:
When Can I Apply?
The Support4Sport program accepts applications for financial assistance monthly, with the submission deadline of 15th. Only complete applications will be considered. Ensure that all supplementary information (e.g. budget support documentation, references, endorsements, signatures, etc.) is included with your submission.